The Therapy Centre – Privacy Statement
This statement relates to our privacy practices in connection with The Therapy Centre in relation to the processing of personal information. We are not responsible for the processing of the data collected independently by Individual Therapists. We do however make recommendations of same.
Personal Data that we collect and process
When you contact The Therapy Centre, a member of our team will collect and process personal data relating to you. This personal data may include:
- your name and contact details, including your phone number and email address
- your date of birth
- Issues you would like to deal with in therapy
- data relating to your health, including for example:
- information relating to a medical condition you have or medication that you are currently taking or have previously taken.
- information relating to medical services you have previously accessed, including any previous counselling or psychotherapy you have undertaken.
Purpose of information held
The data collected is used only to determine the ‘best fit’ of Therapist for you in terms of your needs. The Therapist who is regarded as the ‘best fit’ for your needs is deemed a third party. The information given to the third party is done so in an encrypted mail or over the phone and only with your consent. Any information which you provide is used by The Therapy Centre only in line with the purpose for which you provided it.
Your data will be processed by a member of the The Therapy Centre team. They will receive your information through email (via our website) or over the phone. Other recipients of this information will be a Therapist linked with The Therapy Centre or in the case where an external referral is a better fit then your information will be then forwarded. This processing will only be done with your consent and in an encrypted email or over the phone.
Storage of Personal data
Personal data will only be kept for a period that is necessary in fulfilling the identified purpose and will be deleted thereafter. There will be no personal information kept on any service user (Client) in hard copy format on The Therapy Centre premises. The storage of personal data will be kept on a password protected file on a password protected computer. The Therapy Centre will not hold your data for longer than is necessary.
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access the data – You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- Right to rectification – You have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- Right to erasure – You have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- Right to restriction of processing or to object to processing – You have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format.
- Right to withdraw your consent – Where our processing of your personal data is based on you having provided your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact The Therapy Centre.
If you have any queries or complaints in connection with our processing of your personal data, please contact The Therapy Centre.